Sherpa is the premier technology & intellectual property strategy and transaction firm in the world. Technology and IP have become critical strategic assets in many industries from artificial intelligence and wireless communications to automobiles and aerospace. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with the world’s most innovative companies, and help them solve some of their toughest business challenges.
What skills will you build?
- Strategy development: Participate in the full range of strategy development activities for our clients, much like you would at a management consulting firm; conduct primary research with industry experts; conduct financial analysis; think creatively about strategic business options; synthesize results and present recommendations.
- M&A advisory: Evaluate client M&A opportunities and model economics of potential deals; contact potential buyers and sellers of technology and IP assets; participate in the negotiation of transactions.
- Client management: Interact with individuals at all levels of Sherpa’s client companies, including senior executives and board members.
- Contribute to the expansion of our business: All team members are encouraged to contribute to discussions about the direction of our business. As we expand, we have many opportunities and directions to consider, and everyone on the team is involved in defining the path forward.
What skills do we look for?
We seek candidates that have strong business acumen and are excited about the opportunity to learn how technologies work. We have hired individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, such as: top-tier consulting, investment banking, and engineering. We look to hire candidates that meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university with a strong academic record
- Excellent analytical skills, business aptitude, and interest in/experience with technology
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently when necessary
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or science and/or experience in high tech industries is a plus, but not a requirement
How do we structure compensation?
Our base salary and benefits are competitive with other leading professional services firms. We also reward our employees with annual performance-based bonuses.
Our work is dynamic and requires highly-motivated, independent thinkers who enjoy a challenge. Our lean team structure allows everyone to take on significant responsibility, which we feel leads to rapid personal and professional growth.
We emphasize the importance of developing our team’s client engagement and presentation skills, which means that even junior members of the team have direct exposure to our clients and partners.
If you are interested in learning more about potential career paths at Sherpa Technology Group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org